Applications for SUMMER 2019 Travel Bursaries - Now OpenApplications for GWF-YP Travel Bursaries are now open. Deadline to apply for travel during SUMMER 2019 is June 1, 2019.
2nd Annual Open Science Meeting
The GWF Young Professionals in coordination with the Canadian Young Hydrologic Society (CYHS) are planning a professional development workshop and an evening social during the 2nd Annual Open Science Meeting.
Please click the link below to register for each event through the Eventbrite link:
Excellent research conducted by GWP-YPs were highlighted in a research competition. With over 80 participants, presentations showcased the incredible water-related research from across the country. Thank you to all who participated and served as judges in this competition. Congratulations to our winners:
1) Meredith Marshall – University of Waterloo - “Incorporation and tillage practices to mitigate phosphorus loss through tile drains following fall application of dairy manure” (Poster Presentation)
2) Ana Laserna – McMaster University – “Chemiresistive sensors for monitoring the concentration of metal cations in water” (Poster Presentation)
1) Kim Van Meter – University of Waterloo – “Landscape Legacies: Long-Term Nutrient Trajectories in Great Lakes watersheds and Beyond” (Oral Presentation)
2) Mahyar Shafii – University of Waterloo – “Spatio-temporal variations of landscape nitrate fluxes in agricultural catchments driven by flow pathways and nutrient transport mechanisms” (Oral Presentation)
Dr. John Pomeroy highlighted the role of the Young Professionals Program within the larger GWF context and encouraged YPs to “Follow your instincts and follow your passions.” Following Dr. Pomeroy's talk, YPs headed to Fairweather Brewing Company for a YP social.
Many thanks the countless volunteers at McMaster and Six Nations, and the GWF secretariat that helped make the Inaugural Annual Science Meeting such a success! In particular, many undergraduate students from the McMaster Water Network Student Chapter helped with booklets, greeted and guided ASM participants throughout the ASM.
Become a Member
- Do you attend one of the GWF national or international partner institutions?
- Are you actively involved with one of the GWF research projects?
- Are you a student, postdoc, or research associate within 5 years of graduating from graduate school?
- Do you want to network with other researchers and share your experiences?
- Are you interested in professional development opportunities?
- Do you like to socialize and have fun?
Click here to register today!