Applications for FALL 2019 Travel Bursaries - Now OpenTravel Bursaries are available to GWF-YPs planning to attend conferences, training, workshops, or professional development activities away from home. Deadline to apply for travel during FALL 2019 is October 1, 2019.
Applications for AGU Travel Bursaries - ClosedApplications for AGU 2019 Travel Bursaries are now closed, and successful applicants have been contacted.
McMaster Water Research Showcase - November 1st 2019
YPs from McMaster, Waterloo, and Laurier will be hosting a poster showcase as a part of McMaster Water Week, with a social event at the Pheonix to follow!
Students from across southern Ontario are invited to apply. Busses from Waterloo and Laurier to McMaster will be available for the event, more details to come!
Abstract submission is now open! The deadline is Friday, October 18th.
Excellent research conducted by GWP-YPs were highlighted in a research competition. With over 80 participants, presentations showcased the incredible water-related research from across the country. Thank you to all who participated and served as judges in this competition. Congratulations to our winners:
1) Meredith Marshall – University of Waterloo - “Incorporation and tillage practices to mitigate phosphorus loss through tile drains following fall application of dairy manure” (Poster Presentation)
2) Ana Laserna – McMaster University – “Chemiresistive sensors for monitoring the concentration of metal cations in water” (Poster Presentation)
1) Kim Van Meter – University of Waterloo – “Landscape Legacies: Long-Term Nutrient Trajectories in Great Lakes watersheds and Beyond” (Oral Presentation)
2) Mahyar Shafii – University of Waterloo – “Spatio-temporal variations of landscape nitrate fluxes in agricultural catchments driven by flow pathways and nutrient transport mechanisms” (Oral Presentation)
Dr. John Pomeroy highlighted the role of the Young Professionals Program within the larger GWF context and encouraged YPs to “Follow your instincts and follow your passions.” Following Dr. Pomeroy's talk, YPs headed to Fairweather Brewing Company for a YP social.
Many thanks the countless volunteers at McMaster and Six Nations, and the GWF secretariat that helped make the Inaugural Annual Science Meeting such a success! In particular, many undergraduate students from the McMaster Water Network Student Chapter helped with booklets, greeted and guided ASM participants throughout the ASM.
Become a Member
- Do you attend one of the GWF national or international partner institutions?
- Are you actively involved with one of the GWF research projects?
- Are you a student, postdoc, or research associate within 5 years of graduating from graduate school?
- Do you want to network with other researchers and share your experiences?
- Are you interested in professional development opportunities?
- Do you like to socialize and have fun?
Click here to register today!